Sunday, August 21, 2011

If I want to book a HK-San Francisco-HK flight in Sept., when is the cheapest time to book it online

If I want to book a HK-San Francisco-HK flight in Sept., when is the cheapest time to book it online?
Should I book it 1, 2, 3 months in advance? Because it's peak season from June-August (summer vacation), so I'm thinking if I book the flight as early as June, the airlines might still be jacking up the price since it is too early to book it. To answer the question, I'm booking online because I'm in China and I don't know any travel agencies here yet. And I thought it would be cheaper to book online coz there's cheap flight websites.
Air Travel - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
why would you book it on line???
2 :
I would book it at least 2 months in advance. Airfare is constantly changing and with the price of oil rising all the time, the sooner you book the ticket, the better price you should be able to get. Also I think the HK-SFO route is pretty popular, especially during the summer. I will be flying Singapore Airlines from San Francisco with a stopover in Hong Kong and then onto Singapore. I think my flight is already booked solid since when I looked for my flight to check how much the ticket went up, my flight number did not show up.

Search News