Monday, June 7, 2010

Do I need a Canada Visa to fly to Vancouver from San Francisco if I am only a green card holder

Do I need a Canada Visa to fly to Vancouver from San Francisco if I am only a green card holder?
Please help me to find the answer, I am planing to have a visit in Vancouver, Canada, and will take flight from San Francisco. Just to stay 5 days for sight seeing, I am not a U.S. citizen, but a permanent resident. Do I need a Canada Visa to enter Vancouver? Thank you! I am from Taiwan. My passport is issued from Republic of China (Taiwan).
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nope as long as you're a green card holder. But to make sure of it call the airline first because they have some changes sometimes. I used to work with the airlines before and it's not required. Call the airline office to make sure
2 :
what country are you from? Check with Canadian Immigration. Here's a website that might help you. http://www.canadaimmigrationvisa.com/visatype.html
3 :
No, you do not need a visa to go anywhere in Canada because you are a permanent resident of the USA and you possess a green card which I assume is not expired.
4 :
if you have a valid green card you do NOT need a Canadian visa to visit Canada. (This is so UNFAIR because Canadian PRs DO need visas to visit USA - unequal rules from the BULLY USA). You only need your original passport and your valid green card to visit Canada

Search News