Sunday, June 21, 2009

How early should I arrive at the airport for my flight from San Francisco to Bangkok. Flight leaves at 12:15

How early should I arrive at the airport for my flight from San Francisco to Bangkok. Flight leaves at 12:15?
Have not flown in a while....help !
Air Travel - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I would be there at 9:15. You should always be 3 hours early for an international flight. Have a good trip, Keagan
2 :
you should always be there 2-3 hours before the flight takes off... being that if anything goes wrong you are able to take of it.. have a nice trip!
3 :
At least 2-3 hours befero the flight takes off. Give your self planty of time.
4 :
you should always arrive to an airport about an hour to two hours before a domestic flight and about two hours to three hours before an international flight. since you are flying international, i would get to the airport at 9:15. if you want to get something to eat at the airport or to go shopping or something, i would get to the airport at 8:00.
5 :
The time your airline tells you to arrive at that airport. Check the airline website for "Check-in Requirements", then "When to Arrive at the Airport". They will publish a standard time, then note exceptions for certain airports. See sample #1 for an example from Delta. Please note: the check-in time is the time when you are actually talking to a ticket agent, checking your baggage, and receiving your boarding pass; NOT when you pull into the airport parking lot. Take into consideration the time required to drive through rush hour from your home to SFO, then park in that airport, then get to the check-in area, then stand in line. Also note that some airlines specify how long before departure you must be at the gate.
6 :
I usually arrive three hour before departure just to be safe.
7 :
The best thing to do for international flights is to arrive 3 hours early, so in your case be at the airport by 9:15.
8 :
I'd get there around 8:45.
9 :
You want to be there 45 minutes before boarding. Allow yourself plenty of time at the airport. If you want to be at the gate 45 minutes before boarding, which will be around 11:50, you'll obviously want to get there a little after 11:00. San Francisco is a pretty busy airport, so I would arrive at the airport around 9:30, no later.
10 :
The last two times I've flown out of SFO, it was a disaster, get there as early as possible, within reason. I'd say like 9:00 am. My last flight in June, to get through security took over an hour (my flight was at 10, I got there at 7:30, and got through security around 8:50 pm.) The time before that I got there early and there was a situation with security (someone had a fake ID and I heard drugs but idk). I love traveling out of SFO (I'm equidistant from SFO and SMF). Be sure that you have no liquids, and if you have any toothpaste, deodorant, etc that you are carrying in a carry on you have in a clear plastic bag! Good luck, and enjoy!

Search News